Re: Remove fortune quotes attributed to or providing admiration of Adolf Hitler [pr bin/52735]

I think you may better understand it if you consider that "Hitler was
bad" is always the default context, regardless of whatever the isolated
quote from him is.

Apparently not, which is why I've seen multiple people in this thread say he was a brilliant
orator and "more/better quotes from him should be in the db".

You can argue that's objectively correct; he was manipulative and knew how to get others to do his bidding. But again, a silly Unix program is not the place to bring attention to this fact. I don't see how "Well, he said some interesting/quotable things" or "his artwork was interesting" is anything but a _distraction_ from the fact he was a horrible human being. Nor do I see how either of those factoids carry anywhere near
as much weight about his character as his actions in life.

So I can't really blame those that are, have been
and will be offended.

--
William D. Jones
thor0505%comcast.net@localhost