Re: Remove fortune quotes attributed to or providing admiration of Adolf Hitler [pr bin/52735]

On Sun 19 Nov 2017 at 18:14:06 +0000, coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
> I still think that we should remove offensive quotes, and if people
> cannot agree on it, all of fortune.

It isn't even so much that they are "offensive" as such. It is just that
out there in the Real World, you Simply Do Not Quote Adolf Hitler, at
least not without embedding it in proper historical context and making
absolutely clear that we're talking about a really horrible person, etc
etc. Those are all things way outside the scope of fortune(1), so those
quotes have no place there.

Why this is so difficult to understand for intelligent persons, I don't
know.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/falu.nl      -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.