Re: Remove fortune quotes attributed to or providing admiration of Adolf Hitler [pr bin/52735]

On Nov 18,  4:43pm, maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
}
} I thought a bit about this after seeing FreeBSD remove the database.
}
} I do agree there are offensive things, but it would be nice not to
} have a daily debate for all of eternity about whether every single quote
} is offensive enough to be removed. The FreeBSD method is tempting, but I
} know a lot of people like fortunes, so I wanted to suggest a compromise
} rule:
}
} For any fortune quote you add, you may remove another, no questions
} asked.

     I view this as a very bad idea and something that could lead
to commit wars.

     Also, I would like to point out that offense is something that
is taken not given.  Sure, there are people that will debilerately
behave in a manner that is likely to offend somebody, but at the
end of the day, offense is an emotional reaction that is under the
control of the offended.  Having indivduals delete stuff simply
because they are emotionally immature is not acceptable.

}-- End of excerpt from maya%netbsd.org@localhost