Re: xorg.conf is read but not acted on correctly

I just tried attaching an external monitor to my old Dell Latitude E6400
laptop.  The plug is VGA style. Linux happily tells me I have two
monitors, with different resolutions, and it finds the correct maximum
resolution of the external monitor.  NetBSD (using the nouveau driver)
decides to run both in parallel, and since it can't figure out the
resolution of the external monitor, it selects 640x480 for the pair.

Is there a simple xorg.conf I can create to help resolve this?

-tih
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.