Re: Help needed with stubborn Gateway box!

Is this boot problem being caused by Microsoft's suggestion that OEMs should implement Secure Boot in UEFI for Windows 8?  My understanding is they're making it mandatory for Windows 10 to try and lock out other OSes from being installed.

There should be an option in Windows 8.1 that allows you to control Secure Boot, enabling or disabling it.  I was able to find this reference:

  http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/17058-secure-boot-enable-disable-uefi.html

If this is indeed the problem I hope someone with UEFI knowledge comes up with a way around this by the time WIndows 10 comes out and OEMs are locking the hardware to it.