Re: Preparation for creating netbsd-7 branch

rjs@ wrote:

> Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> >skrll@ wrote:
> >> I'd guess
> >>
> >> MACHINE=hpcarm        MACHINE_ARCH=earmv4
> >>
> >> Maybe the port-masters/users can test?
>
> I can test hpcarm on an iPAQ.

Ok, good to hear.

> >Unfortunately all these ports are orphaned.
>
> There were updates to hpcarm recently to get it to work on WZERO3
> hardware, what is needed for it not to be considered orphaned ?

"orphaned" means there is no portmainter to make a decision.
http://www.netbsd.org/people/port-maintainers.html

I have W-ZERO3 and Zaurus machines, but I'm not so motivated
because I'm not sure what's the actual benefits and risk/concerns
on switching to earm on such XScale generation machines.
(most important part is lack of migration method, of course)

Is there any documents/articles that describe earm on NetBSD?
If not, we won't have enough brave users.

---
Izumi Tsutsui