Re: READ ME: updating mpc, mpfr, and eventually gmp

On Nov 29,  6:42am, "Thomas Mueller" wrote:
}
} > this is a warning that builds might fail due to the updated mpc
} > and mpfr sources i've imported.  you might need to clean both
} > the tools and normal build dirs for them.
}
} > please send-pr or send me email if you see issues.  thanks!
}
} I cleaned the tools and obj dirs, and haven't been able to rebuild
} NetBSD-current amd64 or i386:
}
} Segfault due to internal compiler error.
}
} This happened in the current round about a week ago, then a couple
} days, again less than an hour ago.
}
} Is something gone bad with an update to base gcc?  I did a recent
} update to NetBSD 6.1_STABLE successfully.

     Base gcc hasn't been updated.  Updating mpc, mpfr, and gmp
are part of the preparation for update base gcc.  "Segfault due to
internal compiler error" is often due to bad memory.  You might
want to run pkgsrc/sysutils/memtestplus.

}-- End of excerpt from "Thomas Mueller"