Re: READ ME: updating mpc, mpfr, and eventually gmp

>      Base gcc hasn't been updated.  Updating mpc, mpfr, and gmp
> are part of the preparation for update base gcc.  "Segfault due to
> internal compiler error" is often due to bad memory.  You might
> want to run pkgsrc/sysutils/memtestplus.

I tried again, this time noticed that the choking point was in libgmp.

So maybe it was the new stuff: mpc, mpfr and gmp.

Maybe not compatible with existing gcc, or maybe an error in the code.

Things I could try would be to try to build, from pkgsrc, gcc-aux or
a newer version of gcc.  Or maybe from NetBSD 6.1_STABLE if that boots,
but then I have the same old(?) gcc.

Another possibility would be to do the same from FreeBSD, using
gcc-aux or a newer gcc from ports.

Tom