Re: dhc* in NetBSD 7.0

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 07:04:58PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 06:26:54PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> > It would be nice to have a more specific requirement list of what kind
> > of DHCP server we want to ship.
>
> I think that is easy:
>
>  - must run on pure base (i.e. if a script it has to be Lua, otherwise
>    a native binary is needed)
>  - must support DHCPv4 and DHCPv6
>  - must have acceptable license

I'm fine with the first and the third, but I am somewhat surprised by
the second item. Until a week ago, there was absolutely no DHCPv6 server
support in NetBSD, so I find it a strange requirement to add.

This doesn't say anything about how well it has to deal with large or
multiple networks and interfaces, things like VLANs, optional features
like DDNS and firewall interaction etc.

Joerg