Re: releng usb boot images and a pre-existing raid root fs

        Hello.  If the USB keyboard works well enough for you to drop into the
boot menu, then select option 5, or which ever  one you use to get to the
boot prompt.  Then, type:
boot -a
and manually select the disk containing your install image when prompted to
get the installer to run.
        If the keyboard doesn't work that well, then, with the old system
runing, you can type, at the root prompt:
raidctl -A yes raid0
or which ever raid set you have running as your root partition.
This will cause the raid to be autoconfigured at boot, but will not cause
it to be mounted as the root partition.  Be careful with this because if
your keyboard doesn't work at the boot prompt, and you don't have an
alternate root partition available on next boot, you'll be prompted to
provide one and might get stuck.  However, if you then boot from your USB
stick, it should come up and use the USB image as the root device, but also
have the raid set available for you tu install to.

Hope that helps.
-Brian