Re: Font display glitches

Hi,

On 01/30/13 22:06, Rhialto wrote:
On Wed 30 Jan 2013 at 17:55:11 +0000, Dave Tyson wrote:
The description of the issue is slightly off though. It mentions "solid blobs" or something like that. For me they are not solid but consist of random pixels and I think they were monochrome.
hmm, perhaps I will be able to take a picture with a digital camera (although transferring the images is cumbersome to NetBSD due to the problematic memory card reader). In my case they are not totally "random" pixels, but not totally solid either, they are of the respective text color (ie, usually black in the interface, but inside a webpage of the text color) and they have more certain diagonal stripes inside the block which has the boundaries of the text.

This is on a T400 with Intel video:

i915drm0 at vga1: Mobile IntelM-BM-. GM45 Express Chipset
i915drm0: AGP at 0xd0000000 256MB
i915drm0: Initialized i915 1.6.0 20080730
My gfx chipset looks to be the same as yours, but the AGP address
differs.
mine is:

i915drm0 at vga1: Intel i915GM
i915drm0: AGP at 0xc0000000 256MB
i915drm0: Initialized i915 1.6.0 20080730
i915drm0 at vga1: Intel i915GM
i915drm0: AGP at 0xc0000000 256MB
i915drm0: Initialized i915 1.6.0 20080730

Riccardo