Re: Using xenocara patches unter NetBSD current (v6.99.11)

On 09/17/2012 11:41 PM, Hernani Marques (UZH) wrote:
Hello folks

I was wondering if someone uses some special xorg.conf tweaks or
something in order to successfully use the "intel" driver from xenocara
as described here:
* https://github.com/gsutre/netbsd-drmgem/

Normally, you shouldn't need an xorg.conf nor tweaks.

I applied all the procedures as described in the README, under an (newly
built) -current system (v6.99.11).

I keep getting a blank screen after issuing startx.

You probably hit a bug. ;-)

The netbsd-drmgem port has stability issues, but getting a blank screen
is pretty bad.  At least I assume that you're able to get back to a
working console, right?

Does the screen flicker a bit after startx? Is the screen completely
blank, or do you see the mouse pointer?

Also, could you please send the full dmesg and Xorg.0.log, or file an
issue with these files at:

https://github.com/gsutre/netbsd-drmgem/issues

Thanks,

Grégoire