Re: makemandb vs. man.conf's _whatdb

On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 08:11:37PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> While it is a usage change maybe -o could be repurposed for output
> file (similar to services_mkdb, to pick another /var/db generator) and
> -O used for optimise?

Sure, that would work for me too... although for my situation, I'd
still need a symlink in /var/db, since apropos and whatis are
hardcoded to look there. I had suggested the man.conf keyword since
it's a centralized location for makemandb, apropos, and whatis
configuration.
INet: khym%azeotrope.org@localhost |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 36 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++