USB scanning -> hang or reset

Hi!

I've just tried scanning on 6.99.10/amd64 with an Epson Perfection
2480 Photo, hardware I've been using successfully with NetBSD for a
long time.

ugen0 at uhub3 port 5
ugen0: EPSON EPSON Scanner, rev 2.00/50.63, addr 3

During the first try when doing a preview scan, the machine hung; I
could only reset.

During the second try, the first preview scan worked, but during the
second preview scan, the machine reset. During reboot, savecore
reported:

savecore: reboot after panic: G: SPL NOT LOWERED ON TRAP EWXAIRTN I6N G0:  SPL
NOT LOWERED ON TRAP EXIT 6 0 WARNING: SPL NOT vLOnW_ErReEaDd dOiNr (TRA

I have the coredump.

Could this be usbmp fallout?
 Thomas