Re: can't eject boot cd with NetBSD-6.0_BETA2

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 09:19:00AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 06:43:19PM -0500, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> > Well that sucks.  It makes a bit difficult to install NetBSD w/o a network
> > connection.  Is there a particular reason we're not using a memorydisk
> > anymore?
>
> I am not quite sure what you are doing - you just boot the install CD
> (or the usbstick variant and everything works. Why are you playing with
> a different boot CD at all?

I booted the small boot.iso image, from the installation/cdrom directory,
 because I couldn't get the NetBSD-6.0_BETA2-i386-install.img to boot.
That might have something to do with the fact that I tried burning the larger
image onto a blank DVD, since I only have "business card size" blank CDs.
Actually, now that I look a bit more closely, I seem to have only managed to
write 128MB to that DVD, which probably explains why it wasn't working. oops.

I ended up rearranging things so I could plug my machine into my network, and
I was able to get NetBSD installed relatively smoothly, but it still seems to
me like a large portion of the utility of the boot.iso image is lost by having
it lock up the CD drive.

eric