Cannot get mountd to start

I just updated my main server from 6.99.5 to 6.99.10, and now I have a little problem: mountd isn't working.

The new kernel includes INET6 while the old kernel did not. With both the old and new kernel, I have the upd6 and tcp6 entries commented out in /etc/netconfig

I have not started to set up my inet6 network, and my network interfaces have only fe80::...

During startup, mountd appears to start, and rpcinfo shows that it is registered. However, mount requests from other machines fail with a "program not registered" message.

Any attempt on the server to restart mountd just hangs while trying to stop the old copy. And after a few minutes, the entire system hangs and needs to be reset.

Anyone got a clue on how to debug this?

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |