Re: 'getty' printing delay tokens in -current and netbsd-6

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012, David Laight wrote:

NUL padding has been used for a long time.

Yes, I know. I dealt with it a lot back in my youthful BBS days.
"Backward" was probably a poor choice of words.  "Inelegant" is
more what I was (wrongfully) thinking...

Actual delays are too hard - you need to wait for the fifo to drain
(or know how many bytes are in it), then wait the specified time.

Thanks for pointing this out and it makes sense.  I used to know this
stuff, a long time ago--I've been away from it for too long.  I
appreciate the (re-)education.  Thinking about the padding code I
read, it make sense--sending a number of NUL bytes that will take
<delay> time to transmit (rounded up to the next whole character).

From reading the patched version, it appears to Do the Right Thing(tm)
and call the termios output function rather than use a private version.