Re: libusb-1.0 for NetBSD

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 04:45:13PM +0100, Stephen Borrill wrote:
> On Wed, 30 May 2012, Xiaofan Chen wrote:
> >libusb-1.0 under OpenBSD/NetBSD use ugen, so only
> >ugen device are supported.
>
> One of the problems with libusb with NetBSD is that it cannot detach a
> driver and reattach ugen. So if uhid has attached, you are stuck with it.

I just ran into this problem myself.  I was thinking of adjusting the usb
code so all devices can support the same ioctl's that ugen supports, but
things got a bit trickier than I expected.
One of the problems is that not all usb devices have a device node in /dev,
and there's no way to walk the device tree by (e.g.) operating on a hub
device (/dev/usb0) so there doesn't seem to be a way to indicate that you
want to do something with a particular usb device. :(

eric