Re: BCM57781 is not supported

On 4/25/12 9:51 AM, Andrius V wrote:
bge0 at pci7 dev 0 function 0: Broadcom BCM57781 Fast Ethernet
bge0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 18
bge0: adjust device control 0x192c00 ->  0x195c00
bge0: ASIC unknown BCM57765 (0x57785100), Ethernet address bc:5f:f4:0e:84:25
bge0: setting short Tx thresholds
ukphy0 at bge0 phy 1: OUI 0x001be9, model 0x0024, rev. 4
ukphy0: 10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, 1000baseT,
1000baseT-FDX, auto

I've looked at the code, and assuming *any* BCM57765 controllers work in NetBSD (I have no idea), then this one should work. (Adding the specific ASIC ID shouldn't change anything, based on my reading of the FreeBSD driver and ours)

However, I do see some specific handling of BCM_5717_PLUS controllers in the FreeBSD driver which seems to be missing from ours, and it's possible that this is causing a problem. Working on this without the hardware is a little beyond my ability at this point, so perhaps you should file a PR. Another thing you may wish to check is whether the hardware actually works in FreeBSD or not.

It's also conceivable that you need support for the specify PHY your interface has instead of ukphy, but that's a long shot.

Sorry I can't help more,
+j