Re: amdtemp still not working correctly

Christoph Egger (Christoph_Egger%gmx.de@localhost) wrote:

>>> Are you loading the amdtemp module, on top of a kernel that does not
>>> have amdtemp built-in?
>>>
>>> I also see the above when I boot a GENERIC kernel (with the builtin
>>> amdtemp code), but it does not work when loaded after boot.
>>
>> And even when the driver module is built-in, it reports 0 degC for the
>> sensor value...
>
>It did provide sensible values on *that* machine with a 6.99.2 kernel ?
>
>The behaviour you describe looks like the cpu in *that* machine
>has an errata...

FWIW, it seems to be working for me:

cpu0 at mainbus0 apid 16: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor             , id
0x600f12

amdnb_misc0 at pci0 dev 24 function 3: AMD NB Misc Configuration
amdtemp0 at amdnb_misc0: AMD CPU Temperature Sensors (Family15h)

# envstat -d amdtemp0
                    Current  CritMax  WarnMax  WarnMin  CritMin  Unit
cpu0 temperature:    23.000                                     degC

Robert Swindells