Re: Netbooting a sparc64 (netbsd-6)

On Feb 27, 2012, at 10:04 , Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 09:48:54AM -0500, Chris Ross wrote:
>>  Hmm.  Okay.  Then I guess while I'll still try to update to 4.30.xx,
>> that may not be the issue.  I'll start watching the network traffic to
>> the DHCP server and the tftp/nfs server this evening or next time I look
>> at it.
>
> There is an easy way to verify the problem I had in mind: connect another
> port as well and use that to netboot - e.g. have the prom use bge1 to load
> the kernel, then the kernel will be able to use bge0.

  Alright.  I've finally gotten around to stringing another cable, and it
doesn't
work as hoped.  When I boot from "net1", aka bge1, the kernel loads, but then
when I try to tell the kernel that the root device should be bge0 it tries to
DHCP,
but my dhcp server never sees it, and it fails to continue.

  Does someone else have netbsd-6 running on bge devices successfully?  I
could certainly try a CD install if I thought it would yield different results,
although
that itself would concern me.

         - Chris