Re: Singificant increase in test failures on amd64

On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 08:11:32PM +0100, Matthias Drochner wrote:

> joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost said:
> > lib/librumpuser/rumpuser_sp.c sets a 32KB stack for threads, which was
> > ignored before.
>
> Ok... but this doesn't explain serious failures.

I don't know if it does. Some parts can use quite a bit kernel stack
normally as well.

> The stack data should be page aligned before they are used
> for mmap/mprotect in pthread_newstack, but this is not the
> problem here. And there is a glitch in allocation which
> makes that a page is wasted (see attachment) but this
> should only matter if the stack is really tight.

Well, the question should be whether or not we want to setup the redzone
for a custom stack at all. There is no wasted space here, allocation is
lazy anyway.

Joerg