Re: Netbooting a sparc64 (netbsd-6)

On 02/27/2012 04:08 AM, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 08:58:16PM -0500, Chris Ross wrote:
root on bge0
I think we have seen firmware versions that break the bge interface they
use to download ofwboot/kernel so it would not work properly afterwards.
Do you have the latest firmware version for your machine installed?

Check on the dhcp server (or nfs server) with tcpdump if it gets any packets
after the kernel has taken over...

Thanks. I'll check that first, as I believe it is not the most up-to-date OBP on the machine. And, I'm pretty sure the DHCP server didn't see any packets, at least not enough of a packet for it to log seeing a request, so.

  Thanks for the pointer.

                                   - Chris