Re: Boot fail as kvm guest

On 2/17/2012 2:52 PM, Tom Spindler wrote:
On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 02:31:32PM -0700, Kevin Bowling wrote:
boot -v didn't give much more -

I also tried disabling ACPI and APIC on the kvm settings.  It seems to
lock somewhere in that rdmsr regardless.

This looks very reminiscent of the problems associated with AMD CPUs
from a while back; mpacpi_config_cpu ->  rdmsr seems to imply that.
See for more context.

That report seems to be intel related. I tried 'disable est' with no effect.