Re: Boot fail as kvm guest

On 2/17/2012 10:45 AM, Matthias Drochner wrote: said:
I vaguely remember being hit by this backtrace on CentOS 6.0 -- it
went away with CentOS 6.2 (qemu-kvm-2:,

Ah yes - there are reports about kvm killing guests on rdmsr,
eg Ubuntu bug #836119. It seems that this is logged on the
host, something like "unhandled rdmsr". Did you see this?
One could also find out which probe in "x86_errata" causes
this by using "boot -v" for the NetBSD guest.

best regards

boot -v didn't give much more -

I also tried disabling ACPI and APIC on the kvm settings. It seems to lock somewhere in that rdmsr regardless.