Re: Boot fail as kvm guest

On 2/17/2012 10:50 AM, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 06:45:23PM +0100, Matthias Drochner wrote: said:
I vaguely remember being hit by this backtrace on CentOS 6.0 -- it
went away with CentOS 6.2 (qemu-kvm-2:,

Ah yes - there are reports about kvm killing guests on rdmsr,

Right, so, kvm is hardware virtualization -- except when the operating
system you're trying to virtualize does something Linux wouldn't do.  Then,
evidently not so much.

Actually I think kvm blocks these kinds of calls for all OSes, you'll see dmesg spam on the host about unsupported calls even when booting Linux - it just doesn't wedge the guest Linux (or many other) kernels.