Re: automatic stacktrace on panic, was: Re: Boot fail as kvm guest

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
So what is the best way (I am now collecting opinions)?

1) Introduce a new sysctl ddb.stacktrace, which is on by default
2) Set ddb.commandonenter to 'bt' by default

While #2 is appealing, in practice I have seen it cause systems to get
stuck in a panic loop.  So, please don't do #2.

Such loops could probably be broken using a flag that's set the first
time the commandonenter is executed, and cleared when an explicit
"continue" command is given at the prompt.

--apb (Alan Barrett)