Re: automatic stacktrace on panic, was: Re: Boot fail as kvm guest

Am 17.02.12 14:16, schrieb Hubert Feyrer:
> On Fri, 17 Feb 2012, Marc Balmer wrote:
>>> I think NetBSD should add a stack trace on panics automatically...
>>
>> Can't that be achieved using ddb.commandonenter ?
>> Or should a ddb.stacktrace sysctl variable be introduced for this?
>
> Whatever one, it should be on by default.
> Each time we have to ask people to give us information, this is suboptimal.

So what is the best way (I am now collecting opinions)?

1) Introduce a new sysctl ddb.stacktrace, which is on by default
2) Set ddb.commandonenter to 'bt' by default
3) Do it like OpenBSD and yell at the users in an all-capslock message