Re: Hang/reboot with -current and umidi on i386

On Sat, 4 Feb 2012, Iain Hibbert wrote:

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:

It's not just umidi.  The silly midi over PC beeper thing has related
trouble, for one.  I'm not going to worry about that - a quick "no midi*
at pcppi?" in my kernel config felt like a more proper solution...  :)

Can you expand on that a bit?  I don't have any midi hardware, and the
midi at pcppi does seem to work for me (i386) though sounds rather tinny
(perhaps it is expected to be that?)

Hmmm. I wonder if this is the same problem that I just encountered and reported [1] on amd64? I do have 'midi* at pcppi?' in the config file.

[1] http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2012/02/04/msg019073.html

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |