second call: build.sh build fails on i386/vmware host.

Uncharacteristically, I have not received any responses on:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2011/09/20/msg017809.html

I have updated sources numerous timed and tried to clean build both tools:
./build.sh -O ../obj -T ../tools -u tools
(which results in a fail untill I manually copy
   /usr/obj/tools/host-mkdep/host-mkdep to
   /usr/tools/bin/nbhost-mkdep
which I never had to do before...

and distribution:
./build.sh -O ../obj -T ../tools -u distribution
   With the same results of a fail on
   dependall ===> lib/libppath as documented at the above note...

I'm surprised others are not seeing the issues I am ... other folks use
build.sh regularly I'm certain...

Please enlighten me.

--gene