Re: Recent i386-GENERIC panic

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011, John D. Baker wrote:

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011, Paul Goyette wrote:

Perhaps boot into the kernel debugger and set module_verbose_on to a
non-zero value?  There might be some additional useful info in the
verbose output.

Still a novice with "ddb", I tried "write module_verbose_on 1" and then
"continue" and there was no additional output either before or at the
time of panic.  Was that the thing to do?

Hmmm, yeah, that's the right command, although I vaguely remember that it might be "write module_verbose_on=1"

But there has been another development.  Following an update, a second
machine now suffers the exact same panic.  It's an Intel D850MV board.
This one has a serial port, so I should be able to capture the console
output.  It'll take a while before I can do that, though.

Very odd...

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |