Re: Recent i386-GENERIC panic

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 14:33:51 -0400, Jared McNeill
<jmcneill%invisible.ca@localhost>
wrote:

Can you try the following patch?

[http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2011/09/13/msg017750.html]

Keeping the sources at 201108291448Z, I executed the patch manually
(since I'm not actually subscribed to current-users@ and copy/paste from
web browser won't produce a working patch).

The resulting kernel panics the same way as before.  I'm a bit suspicious
since the kernel file ended up exactly the same size as before the patch.
Maybe there's some optimization effects going on?

Before, I was just deleteing the obj/i386/sys/arch/compile/GENERIC
directory and the resulting REL/i386/binary/kernel/netbsd-GENERIC.gz
file.

Now, I've blown away all of my tools/obj/DEST/REL directories and am
rebuilding everything from scratch (nuke from orbit, it's the only way)
to be sure.

(That's why this problem is so troubling, the affected machine is the
fastest one I have...)