Re: Suitable host to (cross-)build NetBSD?

At Tue, 6 Sep 2011 08:25:17 +0000 (GMT), "Thomas Mueller"
<mueller6724%bellsouth.net@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: Suitable host to (cross-)build NetBSD?

> I suppose I could setup to send a message by SMTP using postfix, using
> vi to compose the message?  That would be what I would need to use
> send-pr from NetBSD without the web interface, using the base system.
> FreeBSD also has send-pr, but that would go to the FreeBSD bug people.

Well send-pr is just a script that sets up a template to help you edit
an e-mail message with the required (er, desired) structure for GNATS.

If you run send-pr on FreeBSD (or any other system) it should still be
possible to manually fix the parts of the template that are specific to
FreeBSD, in particular the destination address, so that you can still
submit the final report to NetBSD's GNATS system -- that's the beauty of
GNATS being fundamentally e-mail based (as opposed to one of those
fundamentally web based problem tracking systems).

--
                                                Greg A. Woods
                                                Planix, Inc.

<woods%planix.com@localhost>       +1 250 762-7675        http://www.planix.com/