Re: amd64 - odd bootstrap behavior

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011, Paul Goyette wrote:

However, now there's a new problem...  My /boot.cfg looks like this:

        menu=Boot normally:boot netbsd
        menu=Boot single user:boot netbsd -s
        menu=Disable ACPI:boot netbsd -2
        menu=Disable ACPI and SMP:boot netbsd -12
        menu=Drop to boot prompt:prompt
        menu=Run memory test:boot memtestplus

When I boot the machine, it properly loads all the requested modules, but then it gives me the single-user "what shell to use" prompt! I'm unsure if it is simply always dropping to single user, or if the menu entries are suddenly zero-origin (even though when the menu is printed, it is one-origin).

This is with boot blocks built earlier today. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Just a bit more info - the printed menu is 1-origin, but it starts with the 2nd "Boot single user" line. It looks like this:

        1. Boot single user
        2. Disable ACPI
        3. Disable ACPI and SMP
        4. Drop to boot prompt
        5. Run memory test

So, it is actually completely ignoring my first menu line!

        menu=Boot normally

Anyone else seeing this?

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at    |