amd64 - odd bootstrap behavior

Recently (last week or so) I reported a problem with the boot loader not properly handling module "load" commands. Well, that problem seems to have been fixed.

However, now there's a new problem...  My /boot.cfg looks like this:

        load=acpibut
        load=acpicpu
        load=aibs
        load=hpet
        load=amdtemp
        load=hdaudio
        load=hdafg
        load=itesio

        menu=Boot normally:boot netbsd
        menu=Boot single user:boot netbsd -s
        menu=Disable ACPI:boot netbsd -2
        menu=Disable ACPI and SMP:boot netbsd -12
        menu=Drop to boot prompt:prompt
        menu=Run memory test:boot memtestplus

        default=1
        timeout=5
        clear=1

When I boot the machine, it properly loads all the requested modules, but then it gives me the single-user "what shell to use" prompt! I'm unsure if it is simply always dropping to single user, or if the menu entries are suddenly zero-origin (even though when the menu is printed, it is one-origin).

This is with boot blocks built earlier today. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |