[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: Looking for NAS Hardware
Via has come out with a couple of ITX motherboards that work great -
my NAS is set up exactly as you describe, but has dual-GIG interfaces
(which are currently connected to my Nortel switch). I don't have the
specific model number handy, but if you are really stumped for it, I can
Fry's sells all the parts.
On 4/8/2011 1:22 PM, matthew sporleder wrote:
On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Jukka Ruohonen<jruohonen%iki.fi@localhost>
On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 04:27:28PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
My requirements are basically:
. fits 4x 3,5" SATA disks
. Gigabit LAN
. Low Power (i.e. not a desktop PC)
. available :)
But with small modifications to the requirements.
* Preferably with 2.5" disks (minimum of 3-4).
* Preferably off-the-shelf rather than heavy DYI.
* Easy, production-ready setup for NetBSD even if non-x86 embedded.
* Low power consumption and small factor matter more than performance.
Anything like this in the market?
I know they've been promising it for a while, but soekris recently
announced the 6500 line which almost makes it:
• 2x SATA 3 Gbit interfaces with +5V and +12V power header
• 2x Mini-PCI Express sockets with mSATA support
So I think that means you could get two mSATA SSD drives and two
normal SATA drives plugged into it.
(I have a blog post talking about this from Feb, 2009 so.. wait and see I guess)
Main Index |
Thread Index |