Re: Looking for NAS Hardware

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Jukka Ruohonen <jruohonen%iki.fi@localhost>
wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 04:27:28PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>> My requirements are basically:
>> . fits 4x 3,5" SATA disks
>> . Gigabit LAN
>> . Low Power (i.e. not a desktop PC)
>> . available :)
>
> "Me too".
>
> But with small modifications to the requirements.
>
>  * Preferably with 2.5" disks (minimum of 3-4).
>  * Preferably off-the-shelf rather than heavy DYI.
>  * Easy, production-ready setup for NetBSD even if non-x86 embedded.
>  * Low power consumption and small factor matter more than performance.
>
> Anything like this in the market?

http://soekris.com/net6501.htm

I know they've been promising it for a while, but soekris recently
announced the 6500 line which almost makes it:
•  2x SATA 3 Gbit interfaces with +5V and +12V power header
•  2x Mini-PCI Express sockets with mSATA support

So I think that means you could get two mSATA SSD drives and two
normal SATA drives plugged into it.

(I have a blog post talking about this from Feb, 2009 so.. wait and see I guess)