Re: Broken X (DRM errors)

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 12:08 AM, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 07:48:28PM +0100, Julio Merino wrote:
>> It turns out this is caused by the change to ld.elf_so on March 29th.
>> Reverting that change and reinstalling ld.elf_so lets X start fine.
>
> Can you obtain either a coredump or a full ktrace of the X server?

Not sure.  My previous attempt at ktracing the X server resulted in an
almost-empty trace:

  583      1 ktrace   EMUL  "netbsd"
  583      1 ktrace   RET   ktrace 0
  583      1 ktrace   CALL
execve(0x7f7ffffffc7a,0x7f7fffffda48,0x7f7fffffda58)
  583      1 ktrace   NAMI  "/usr/X11R7/bin/X"
  583      1 ktrace   NAMI  "/usr/libexec/ld.elf_so"

The machine becomes pretty much unresponsive right after I start the X
server.  As mentioned before, other process (not only the X server)
start chewing enormous amounts of CPU.  I can barely do anything on an
ssh connection; even switching tmux terminals takes ages, and at times
it looks like the machine locks up completely (or I'm not patient
enough to wait for hours for it to respond).  Any tips to obtain the
desired information?

Also, if this is a problem in ld.elf_so... how come it is affecting
the whole system so badly?  It appears it's an userland issue, isn't
it?

--
Julio Merino / @jmmv