Re: tmpfs sizing problems (i386, 4GB mem)

On Jul 29, 2010, at 21:04 , Chris Ross wrote:
> On Jul 29, 2010, at 8:55 PM, Chris Ross wrote:
>> I'm still seeing the problem.  My tmpfs, which is configured in fstab as
>> follows:
>>
>> tmpfs           /tmp            tmpfs   rw,-s=600m
>>
>> Is, currently, shown with df -k:
>>
>> Filesystem   1K-blocks       Used      Avail %Cap Mounted on
>> tmpfs            163580          4     163576   0% /tmp
>>
>> I don't know if it was this small when I booted, but after a build.sh -j 5
>> ran out of space in /tmp, this is what I see.
>
>  So, to answer that question, it's not consistent.  I don't [yet] know if it
> changes with usage, or is unpredictable, but after rebooting the machine with
> the same kernel and userland (5.99.36, July 16), df -k shows:
>
> tmpfs            529872          4     529868   0% /tmp
>
>  (*shrug*)  I'll try a build, perhaps with a lower (or none) -j setting, and
> see if I can get up to current -current, just to make sure, but.
>
>  Thanks.  Any ideas welcomed.

  So this is still a problem in current -current (5.99.45).  I again today had
a 160MBish /tmp, with the fstab as above (-s=600m).  Without a -s option at all
it's still 160MBish.  Mounting /tmp with mfs works as expected.

  I'll go make sure there isn't a PR for this, and file one if there isn't.

                     - Chris