Re: 5.1 broke my X (from base)

On Tue 25 Jan 2011 at 06:58:32 +0100, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
> > $ setxkbmap -option ctrl:swapcaps,compose:menu
> > Error loading new keyboard description
>
> I think I also changed a symlink, it was maybe /usr/X11R7/lib/X11/xkb/compiled
> pointing to /var/db/xkb but that system is not running right now so I can't
> check.

Yes, it was something like that, I found after a while. The last couple
of releases had that wrong, I noticed.

> There is a change in the PCI bus handling.
>
> Please remove the old xorg.conf and regenerate it with Xorg --configure
> and you will see what I mean.

Right! That did the trick! Thanks!
(The text of the BusID option changed slightly)

> Bernd
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- There's no point being grown-up if you
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- can't be childish sometimes. -The 4th Doctor