Re: Proposal: TEST kernel config files

> include "arch/macppc/conf/GENERIC"
> options DIAGNOSTIC
> options LOCKDEBUG

BTW, i386 had GENERIC_DIAGNOSTIC in the past.

There were also some objections that claimed building extra kernels
for tests (including ALL) in build.sh made build slower and unacceptable.
(we can simply add MKFOO options to enable it though)

> ...where GENERIC can be any kernel suitable for a starting point, and
> the options are ones generally decided upon.

I'm afraid DIAGNOSTIC might still cause incompatiblity around module(7)
(i.e. some sources might have #ifdef DIAGNOSTIC in structure etc.)
so it's better to use MONOLITHIC if MODULAR is enabled in GENERIC.
(though we need separate tests for module(7) in that case)
---
Izumi Tsutsui