Re: amd64 -current has been borked on my ASUS laptop for at least a few weeks. Suggestions wanted.

I'm in current with an Asus UL50vt for the same reason support for my AR8132
which needs the same driver alc as the 9285, I did i386 though havn't
tried amd64

I think this thread documents what I did, but if not email me
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2010/07/21/msg013891.html

sometimes I forget which of the many things I did was the thing that
made it work.

not sure what information, it sounds like current is freezing very
early in the boot
process, what subersion commit/kernel version are you working off.

best of luck

+
| fire crow
| computer programmer