Re: amd64 -current has been borked on my ASUS laptop for at least a few weeks. Suggestions wanted.

Hi,

The dame on IBM T61 laptop.

Piotr

Op 1 dec 2010 00:18 schreef "Michael Litchard" <michael%schmong.org@localhost>:

Hi. I installed 5.1 just to find that their was no driver for my
Atheros 9285 network device. After a little digging I found some work
being done in -current for this. However, I haven't been able to get
past the first line one sees upon booting the iso for the amd64
-current build (trying several from the last few weeks) This is what I
see

integer+integer+integer ....
spinning cursor.

Eventually the cursor stops spinning, and locks. What I would like to
know is what would I need to do in order to get useful information to
submit? Or is this being worked on, and all I have to do is wait?

My Asus is a K72D. If I need to provide more detailed information
please let me know.