Re: Optimization tips for SSDs ?

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 18:05:30 +0000 (UTC)
Dennis den Brok <d.den.brok%uni-bonn.de@localhost> wrote:

> It seems that 'cvs update' is pretty I/O-intensive. Does anyone
> happen to know a less I/O-intensive way of updating NetBSD and/or
> pkgsrc source trees?

Other than using csup or cvsup to update a working tree, another thing
which helps is having a nightly-updated full CVS repository mirror
(using cvsup or rsync via a cron event) around.  Operations on a local
repository mirror are of course faster than through the internet with
pserver or ssh.
--
Matt