Re: Optimization tips for SSDs ?

On 11/08/2010 11:45 PM, Matthew Mondor wrote:

Do you have other recommendations?  For instance, should I use specific
newfs(8) options?

If possible, and if necessary, using NFS/network-mounted filesystems
for things like source trees and build object directories

Thanks for the tip.  I intend to use memory filesystems for build object
directories (the laptop has enough RAM).  Regarding source trees, using
network-mounted filesystems is not an option.  And I also want to
benefit from the fast access times when building. ;-)

GrÃgoire