Re: firefox slowness -- X server problem?

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Since I've updated to a 20100802 snapshot of -current (from 20100712
> or 20100721, I forget), firefox has been behaving very laggy.
>
> On an unloaded machine with lots of RAM, firefox sometimes needs ten
> seconds to switch from one already loaded tab to the next. It seems to
> be worse for pages with pictures and better if there's only text.

This doesnot seem to go away as below, I doesnot ALT-Tab at good rate.

> tnn@ is not seeing this; I think he's using X from pkgsrc while I'm
> using X from base. I have an ATI Radeon X300, using the radeon driver.
> I've also tried wip/firefox (firefox 4 snapshot) but it's similar
> there.
>
> Also, ALT-Tab between two open xterms takes noticable time (up to two
> seconds). That's the reason I suspect it might be a X server problem.

could you try and reconfigure X(Might be some problem with refresh rates).

> Has anyone else noticed similar problems?

Never seen this problem. Just trying to help.

--
-- Sujit K M

blog(http://kmsujit.blogspot.com/)