Re: /usr/src/external

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 14:50 +0200, "Alan Barrett" <apb%cequrux.com@localhost>
wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jun 2010, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
> > I tried another build last night, adding the -x option.  This morning
> > it had failed and looks to have been trying to compile source from the
> > external set (which would have unpacked into /usr/src/external) ...
> > this is not on the FTP site however - where can I pick this up from?
> > I recall bumping into exactly this problem a year or two ago ...
>
> /usr/src/external is included in the src.tgz file that is created
> by "build.sh sourcesets", and I'd assume that the same src.tgz file
> is available from ftp.netbsd.org.  (I get my sources through CVS,
> and I don't know what URL you should use to get sources via FTP.)

yes, this now seems to be integrated into the src.tgz bundle - I found
this after I'd done some poking around in my local tree.

The problem I'm having is that I don't seem to be able to build with the
following arguments:

  sh ./build.sh -x release

as the build process complains about missing source in a directory
(which from memory is either 'external' or 'extsrc', I can't recall ...
I don't have access to my host to confirm this at the moment) ... this
is what led me to suspect I was missing a source set, as has happened in
the past ...

There does seem to be content in /usr/src/external ... /usr/src/extsrc
seems to be skeletal but with an empty /usr/src/extsrc/external
directory which I was puzzled about ... looking through the help output
brought me to the EXTSRCSRCDIR option and lacking any other clue I
changed the build line to the following but that didn't seem to resolve
the issue:

  sh ./build.sh -x -Y /usr/src/external -y release

What I'm after is to be able to build an .iso image from -current
containing all the relevant binary sets, including X and source sets ...
as far as I understand it, running the first build.sh line above would
compile and build them all, then

  sh ./build.sh iso-image-source

would create the .iso files ... ie, I'd like to create a -current
version of the released distribution media, if that's possible.

I'm sure this has been hashed over before - unfortunately I tend to only
compile -current around once a year or so and seem to lose the details
each time ... :)

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch%mjch.net@localhost                                                left