Re: postgresql 8.4 semaphores ...

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 10:17:53PM +1000, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
> ... I've managed to build and install a system from -current over the
> last day or so however I don't seem to be able to run any pre-compiled
> 5.0.2_2010Q1 pkgsrc binaries as they all seem to complain of a missing
> libcrypt ... is this a known (and/or expected) issue?

Yes, that is expected. The major number of "libcrypto" was bumped in
NetBSD-current. If you want to run NetBSD 5.0.2 binaries you either
need to install several missing libraries from the 5.0.2 sets.
You can alternatively start by installing NetBSD 5.0.2 on your system
and update to current afterwards.

> Also - I'd like to try to build -current again but with the full set of
> X11 sets ... how do I tell build.sh to include these?

If you run "build.sh" without argument it lists all the options including
these two:

    -X x11src   Set X11SRCDIR to x11src.  [Default: /usr/xsrc]
    -x          Set MKX11=yes; build X11 from X11SRCDIR

        Kind regards