Re: No Luck booting either ACPI or MP

Am 13.05.2010 um 23:29 schrieb D'Arcy J.M. Cain:

On Thu, 13 May 2010 10:41:46 +0200
Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar%fessel.org@localhost> wrote:
Am 02.05.2010 um 17:01 schrieb D'Arcy J.M. Cain:
Sounds like my problem on a commodity box running NetBSD 5.0.1
(GENERIC) #0: Thu Jul 30 01:39:11 UTC 2009.  I had already tried a
few upgrades before that. I was about to upgrade to the latest version
to see if it was fixed since then.  I will report once I have.

Since this is bugging me still, can someone give me a pointer where to
start looking in order to fix this?

I would love to but I can't even boot a new kernel with ACPI disabled.
I built a GENERIC kernel and ran "./build.sh modules'  but no joy.

I am running -current kernels quite happily, but since I'm sort of old school, I totally missed the modules part and just build monolithic kernels.

Some more dmesg info with ACPI_MADT_DEBUG:

ACPI MADT table:
system dual 8259 present
entries:
lapic: processor id 0 apid 0 enabled: yes
lapic: processor id 1 apid 1 enabled: yes
ioapic: apid 8 address 0xfec00000 vector base 0x0
int override: bus 0 src int 0 global int 2
int override: bus 0 src int 9 global int 9
lapic NMI: cpu id 1 input 1
lapic NMI: cpu id 2 input 1
.,.cpu0 at mainbus0 apid 0

And, what debugging options are documented where?

Cheers
        Oskar