Re: error from ntpd upon IPv6 address receipt/bind

On May 12, 2010, at 4:13 PM, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Try 'route -n monitor' to a file while getting both an automatic and a
> manual address and see what happens.

  The route -n monitor running from rc.local causes the later start of ntpd to
not produce error messages.  But, it seems that fstat still reports the ntpd
binding to the global address as after the route socket, so I presume that
route(8) is not causing the address to hit earlier, it's just for some reason
changing the way ntpd messes up.

  Any additional thoughts?  I can let you know what's in the route -n monitor
output, but i'm not sure that it's relevant at this point.

          - Chris